One of the best things we can do for our health is to move!
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community are invited to attend free exercise classes at the Wuchopperen gym.
Men’s classes take place on Tuesdays, 2 to 3 pm and Thursdays, 10 to 11 am.
Women’s classes run on Tuesdays, 10 to 11 am and Thursdays, 2 to 3 pm.
Classes are easy and fun and feature:
- Light weights
- Exercise bikes, walking, rowing machine
- Balance exercises
- Lots of laughs
- Building friendship with other community members
The activities help you:
- Maintain and improve strength
- Improve quality of life
- Improve sleep and mood
- Decrease risk of chronic disease complications
- Decrease risk of getting a chronic disease such as diabetes, kidney disease, and heart disease
- Improve ability to perform daily activities,
- Improve flexibility and reduce pain
Classes are free and open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have a referral from a Wuchopperen GP.
If you have any enquiries about these exercise classes, please contact Exercise Physiologist Myles Hardy on 4080 1158.